By: Sandy Bonsib
The many quilters who want to preserve and celebrate their memories of a person or time will be inspired by these innovative projects and techniques.
Memory Quilts presents original projects for remembering someone you have loved, celebrating milestones such as births and weddings, or capturing other memories from a sports team's big year to your grandmother's kitchen. Memory quilting is popular for many of the same reasons as scrapbooking. Both preserve and display memories, both often include photos that would otherwise be hidden away in a box, both are creatively exciting, and, most importantly, both help people cope with tough times and celebrate good times. Memory Quilts will inspire and touch this audience with wonderful quilts that are both meaningful and innovative. Many special techniques for memory quilting are introduced, such as how to attach heavy memorabilia, write on the quilt, and transfer photographs to cloth.
Each project includes step-by-step instructions, photographs and diagrams, and ideas for adapting the design. These memory quilts will be special forever.
- Like scrapbooking, memory quilts are a popular way to preserve and celebrate important memories.
- 21 step-by-step projects that introduce special techniques for memory quilting.
- Includes group projects for families, religious communities, quilt clubs, and children, plus how to organize a group quilt project.
- For the advanced beginner or intermediate quilter.
- Sandy Bonsib is the author of five successful quilting books, including two about the popular technique of photo transfer.